3D printing is a competitive method of manufacturing all the way up to bulk production. Reproducibility, replicability, and flexibility are the characteristics that make this production technology successful. Our experience is that the importance of 3D printing is undeniable in modern product development. 3D printing is already used in the vast majority of all industry branches, and its use is steadily increasing.
ADVANTAGES OF 3D PRINTING IN BULK PRODUCTION
- Customized products for specific demands
- Applicable in situations where other means of manufacturing are not possible
- Reproducibility, replicability and flexibility
- Consistency between production volume and demand
- Proximity between production and end user
In a conventional case, the pilot line of production is 3D printed. This allows a pilot phase with the product’s end users to help gauge the product-specific market situation, and possibly also selling the product. This process provides the necessary information in deciding whether a full-scale bulk production would be profitable.