3D printing is competitive from small production batches to mass scale production. Reproducibility, replicability and flexibility are the key success factors of this production technology. Based on our experience, the importance of 3D printing is undeniable today’s product development. It is already in use in almost all industries and its use is steadily increasing.
BENEFITS OF 3D PRINTING IN SERIAL PRODUCTION
- Customized products for specific demands
- To be able to produce shapes that no other technology can do
- Reproducibility, replicability and flexibility
- To be able to produce just the right number of products
- Production near the end user
Conventional case is prototyping the first preliminary version using 3D printing technology and test the product with end users, to find out what kind of potential a product exists. The product may have already been able to be sold. At this stage, there was enough information to weigh out how profitable it is to start serial production.